TERMINATOR® IGEN® C
TERMINATOR® IGEN® C
Whole house water filter and water softener with the ability to eliminate problems caused by chlorine, chloramine and water hardness.
The Puronics® Terminator® iGen® C is a whole house combined water filter and water softener system featuring Chlorostatic® technology, which has been specifically designed to significantly reduce the levels of chlorine, chloramine and hardness normally found in municipal water supplies.
Chloramine is a combination of chlorine and ammonia that is commonly used to disinfect municipal water supplies, but could have potential side effects for people and fish. Chloramine is also very corrosive to lead and copper water pipes.
The Terminator® iGen® C is equipped with the ChloroShield™ Clearess® system, which reduces the potential risks of poorly treated water, eliminates bad tastes and odors, and gives you peace of mind by providing all the benefits of softened water.
Benefits of using water treated with Terminator® iGen® C
By using the Terminator® iGen® C as a filtering system for your home water, you will achieve some benefits such as the following:
- Hydrated skin
- Smoother and silkier hair
- Better tasting food
- Healthier water for pets
- Clearly refreshing water
Features of the Terminator® iGen® C
The Terminator® iGen® C incorporates a patented iGen® computerized control valve, is equipped with Chlorostatic® Technology and has several certifications to ensure water quality:
Patented iGen® Computerized Control Valve
- Full control of system operations via intelligent iGen® digital microprocessor.
- 60-day water usage history record to maximize backwash and/or recharge efficiency.
- Dual backwash system is ideal for ensuring a completely filter media bed cleanliness.
- Built-in diagnostics included to ensure superior water quality all the time.
- Creates an automatic reserve system so you never run out of high-quality purified water.
- It is designed with a durable construction and a 1″ corrosion-resistant control valve that ensures years of efficient, trouble-free operation.
- It has a downflow brine system that ensures minimal water consumption and efficient salt dosing.
ChloroShield™ Clearess® media includes a Chlorostatic® technology filter that effectively reduces chloramine and chlorine in the water coming into your home. In addition, ChloroShield™ Clearess® media comes with a limited lifetime warranty, reducing the need for frequent filter changes.
Terminator® iGen® C systems are certified by the Water Quality Association (WQA) to NSF/ANSI 42 for chlorine taste and odor reduction. It is also NSF/ANSI 44 certified for reduction of hardness minerals, barium and radium 226/228, and NSF/ANSI 372 certified for “lead-free” compliance, as verified and supported by test data.
Internal components of Terminator® iGen® C
1. iGen® Digital Control Valve
2. Stainless steel tank:
- Food grade 316L stainless steel provides a non-permeable hygienic surface for processing water.
- It is the only stainless-steel tank system in the industry certified by WQA to NSF/ANSI 42, 44 and 372 standards.
3. Chlorostatic® Technology Filter
- Chloroshield™ Clearess® media effectively reduces chloramine and chlorine from municipal water supplies.
- It reduces the odor and taste of chlorine and chloramine in water.
- Optimal efficiency reduces system operating costs.
4. Softener and conditioner
- High-capacity S-759 monospherical resin has uniformly sized beads for higher flow rates and efficiencies.
- Reduces iron, turbidity and water hardness.
- Silica gravel clarifies water in a powerful way.
6. Pushseal™ Fitting
- Superior sealing protection